- Q. When was Akatsuki founded?
- A. It was founded in June, 2010.
- Q. What are Akatsuki's main business domains?
- A. Please refer to our Company Profile page.
- Q. When did Akatsuki become listed as a public company?
- A. We went public on March 17, 2016.
- Q. Where is Akatsuki listed?
- A. We are listed with the 1st section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Q. When is the fiscal year-end?
- A. It is March 31.
- Q. When do you announce the financial results?
- A. Please refer to our IR Calendar page.
- Q. Where can I obtain the latest earnings figures?
- A. Please refer to our Performance Highlights Page.
- Q. Where can I obtain the sales figures for individual game titles?
- A. We do not release individual sales figures for our games. We appreciate your understanding.
- Q. Where can I obtain the earnings forecast?
- A. Please refer to the financial results on our IR Library page.
- Q. What are the reasons that you do not disclose the specific figures for earnings forecast?
- A. We expect short-term fluctuations in the business environment due to circumstances surrounding investment and mobile gaming operations making it difficult to efficiently and accurately calculate our earnings forecast. Instead, we have chosen to commit to quarterly reportings of financial and business summary in an appropriate manner.
We hope that you understand the reason behind our policy explained above and take a long-term view in examining your investment in us.
- Q. Do you have a quiet period?
- A. To prevent leakage of information and maintain fairness, we have set 1 month quiet period before our announcement of financial results. We will not be able to respond to questions, inquiries or interview requests during this period.
- Q. Please disclose more information regarding details and progres of IPs in development.
- A. We release details and progress of IPs in development when we deem appropriate based on our business strategies. We appreciate your understanding.
- Q. What are the profit share schemes when you develop game titles using third party IPs?
- A. We cannot share information regarding profit share shcemes or contract information with IP holders of each game. We appreciate your understanding.
- Q. Can release dates for new titles be made available in advance?
- A. We release information regarding title release dates as we deem appropriate.
Title release dates are determined based on development progress and reviews so that we can set the most appropriate timing to release such information. We understand that announcing release dates before the appropriate timing would create conflict and confusion in the market.
Due to the above reasons, we choose not to set official release dates until we have decided on such timing. We appreciate your understanding.
- Q. Where can we make inquiries regarding individual games?
- A. Please send inquiries to the inquiry address listed within each game.
However, not all inquiries may be answered for privacy reasons regardless of department. We appreciate your understanding.
- Q. What is Akatsuki's security code under the Japanese Securities Identification Code Committee?
- A. Our security code is 3932. We are listed under the Information & Communication industry category.
- Q. When do you hold your general meeting?
- A. We plan our annual general meeting in June.
- Q. Do you have a shareholder benefit plan?
- A. We currently do not have a shareholder benefit plan, and future plans to do so are currently undetermined. Announcements will be made should it come under consideration.
- Q. Do you have plans for a stock split or share buy-back?
- A. We currently do not have plans for a stock split or share buy-back. Announcements will be made should it come under consideration.
- Q. Who is the shareholder registry administrator?
- A. Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd. is our shareholder registry administrator. Please refer to our Stock Information page for more details.
- Q. Who should we contact regarding procedures such as address changes and registry changes?
- A. Please contact your securities firm regarding such procedures.
- Q. What is the trading unit of shares?
- A. Our unit is 100 shares.
- Q. What was the share price at the initial public offering?
- A. It was 1,775 JPY (March, 17, 2016).
- Q. What is the current stock price?
- Please refer here for the latest information on stock price.
- Q. Do you distribute dividends?
- A. As of the 2018 March quarter (end-Mar 2018 record date), we will distribute an annual dividend of 10 JPY per share for the next 5 years, and a commemorative dividend of 40 JPY per share (end-Sep 2018 record date).
This is based on our desire for continued connections and for shared excitement with shareholders as we journey together,aiming to become a large and well-known global company.As Akatsuki is growing, our fundamental policy is that shareholders are rewarded when we reinvest in business expansion toincrease corporate value on a long-term basis. Therefore, this regular dividend is not based upon a view of financial indicatorssuch as dividend payout ratio or dividend yield. We continue to believe that the best way to reward shareholders is by aimingfor increased corporate value over the long-term. However, as one measure of our growth over the mid-term, we promise tocontinuously pay the fixed regular dividend irrespective of business performance.
- Q. When is the record date and beginning date for payment of dividends?
- A. The record date for year-end dividend distribution is March 31 each year.You may be required to purchase shares through an applicable securities firm at least 3 operating days, excluding holidays, before the date of right allotment (valid from July 16, 2019).
The beginning date for payments of dividends, while it is subject to vary each year, will be around late in June for year-end dividends.
- Q. How can we receive our dividend payments?
- A. There are 3 methods to receive dividend payments, as listed below.
1. Through a designated bank account.
2. Through a securities account.
3. Over the counter at a post office or Japan Post Bank teller window in cash, in exchange for a dividend receipt that will be sent to you.
Please contact your securities firm for detailed procedures.
- Q. How can I receive my dividend payment if the period to exchange the dividend receipt at the post office has passed?
- A. In such a case, you can receive dividends from our shareholder registry administrator, Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd. For more details, please refer to the "Stock Procedure Information" page on their website.
- Q. I have not received my dividend receipt. What should I do?
- A. Please contact our shareholder registry administrator, Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd. at 0120-288-324 if you are encountering problems receiving your dividend receipt.
- Q. I have not received my dividend payment. What should I do?
- First, please confirm that you were a shareholder on the date of right allotment. If so, please contact our shareholder registry administrator, Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd. at 0120-288-324.
- Q. I lost my dividend receipt. What should I do?
- A. Please contact our shareholder registry administrator, Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd. at 0120-288-324.
- Q. Where should I direct inquiries regarding IR?
- A. Please contact us using the form on this page.
- Q. Please explain your corporate governance approach.
- A. Please refer to our Corporate Governance page.
- Q. What are Akatsuki's initiatives for social contributions?
- A. Beginning in FY2018, we aim to allocate 1% of operating profit to nonprofits.Our founders Genki Shiota and Tetsuro Kouda plan to contribute individual funds to this effort also. We will share details ofthis plan at a future time.